Articulate Storyline may be the greatest thing to sweep through the learning and development field since the creation of the action-oriented, learner-centered objective. Why? It’s insanely intuitive to use, and the Elearning Heroes online community is a place where you can instantly learn how to do anything you ever wanted to do in an elearning environment.
If you’re using Storyline and haven’t been taking advantage of the Elearning Heroes online community, here are five reasons to start:
- Adding and displaying a learner’s name throughout your module. Want to have a learner input text – whether it’s their name or some other text – and then have that same text come up later in the module? Nicole Legault’s handy tip walks you through an easy way to set this up.
- Create custom characters for your elearning. Sick of looking through free image sites and not finding exactly what you’re looking for? This post from Tom Kuhlman walks you through the steps it’ll take to help any non-graphic designer modify existing clip art images to create custom characters.
- What are other people working on? Every week, David Anderson posts an “Elearning Challenge”, asking Articulate Storyline users from around the world to come up with creative ideas or share work samples around a common instructional design theme. This is a fun way to put your own skills to the test, and to see what kinds of amazingly creative ideas other Storyline users can come up with. What is perhaps the most stunning thing about this particular series of posts is that many of the people who take on these weekly challenges will gladly share their source files.
- Free Assets! Looking for free clip art, images, fonts and other visual assets? Create an account on the Elearning Heroes site and you get access to lots and lots of free assets and templates.
- Share your module without uploading it to an LMS. Want to have other people check out your latest elearning module or preview your most recent creation without having it go live on your LMS? Mike Taylor walks you through the several simple steps you need to take in order to upload a course to Google Drive.
There are a lot of other tips, tricks and tools that are available – FREE – through the Articulate community. If Articulate Storyline is your thing, check it out.
Know someone using Storyline? Be sure to pass this along.